.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Microsoft kills off MCTS


1 To provide college students having a status as they passed though the CCIEcertification route;and to provide certification status to college students not wishing to go after the superior certification that is definitely CCIE.two To create far more revenue on certifications.

No matter what the true explanation the model utilized by Cisco is frequently talking the identical design used by many of the other distributors, that is A reduced tier certification (or certifications)demanding an individual exam to go.

- A center tier certification demanding two/three or four exams.

- A large tier certification requiring essentially the most examinations.

Once i initially passed a Microsoft certification in 2002I grew to become licensed on Microsoft lowest tier which was then MCP, then I certified about the higher tiers of MCSA and MCSE.

Somewherealong the road Microsoft added some a lot more tiers of and as well as for all those who prefer to educate. Then MCP was ditched for MCTS and MCSA and MCSE had been ditched for MCITP.

Should you read my previous submit you might now understand that MCITP is ditched for, certainly you guessed it, MCSA and MCSE. Not surprisingly the acronyms MCSA and MCSE don stand for the things they utilised to; they are new certs with new names (only the letters stay precisely the same).

In all this turmoil what I didn realise is the fact that Microsoft appear to possess entirely killedit tier of certification. Indeed, you study that correct, MCTS is lifeless, and there is absolutely nothing coming alongside to change it.

In accordance with the Microsoft MCTS certification page:

MCTS certifications are no longer in improvement. Having said that, your MCTS certification will stay beneficial provided that firms are using the technologies on which it certifies. Please pay a visit to the information and announcements web page for additional facts about certifications for long term Microsoft products and technologies. not positive how I seriously feel about this revelation.

In some respects I consider producing exams for instance Programs Centre part of the MCSE certification is usually a really wise transfer. Allow encounter it, your not heading to become learning 1 of those exams unless of course you will be MCSE/MCITP or simply have the equivelant sector knowledge.

But how about certifications for SQL Server, Sharepoint and TMG? In my occupation I take care of infrastructure so I usually must know a little bit bit about all of these systems. The capability to go just one exam in these areas appeals to me (even though generally the certifications go above the expertise I truly must know). Now the selection to attain one certification in these places is gone.

Don feel me? Examine out the SQL 2012 certifications. 3 tiers are proven, becoming (MCSA), (MCSE) and Grasp. There is certainly no reduced tier.

Both students as well as the business will need to adapt to this change.

For students, certification in Microsoft goods is currently a massive dedication.

Personally, I assume killing off MCTS is actually a error which this really is a actual loss for the certification community.


No comments:

Post a Comment